Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Platinum

Default Tea Party Open email to Sean

Hi Sean Hannity,

Thank you for the coverage of the tea parties.

Don't you think it is time for a new political party???

The Tea Party would (or should) scare congress and would keep this great movement going.

Every one should start running NOW for political offices around the country under the TEA PARTY. This way when elections come we could knock all the dead beats out of office on both house and senate and take back our country.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Gold

Send a message via Yahoo to tonytigerhk45
Default Re: Tea Party Open email to Sean

Amen brother.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Platinum

Warning: Posting in this thread may confirm your status as a "right wing extremist".
Old 04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Platinum

In all of my 69 years of still 'growing up'. I NEVER thought I would be labeled an extremist, potential terror suspect, or any of the other labels our current roster of officials are trying to impose on any American that believes our Constitution and Bill of Rights are the greatest modern documents ever composed by/for mankind.
gail
Old 04-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Gold

A year ago, I couldn't even spell EXTREMIST, now I are one!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Gold

Send a message via AIM to spike Send a message via Skype™ to spike

The interesting thing is that those rights you mentioned that were taken from us, were done under a cloak of FEAR, by the LAST Administration with the implementation of the PATRIOT ACT.

I for one dint make enough $$$$ to be affected by the new tax laws so I'm not sure what I am missing, please enlighten me!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Platinum

You're right Spike.

I spent a lot of time blogging a couple of years or so ago for a couple of different campaigns and issues .... and every true Conservative out there was outspokenly concerned over those Constitutional violations. I say "true" Conservative because the definition of Conservatism has been distorted by RINOs (Republicans in Name Only) and demonized by the left. True Conservativism has more in common with classical Liberalism and the principles upon which this nation was founded. It has nothing to do with big government conservatives and the direction that some Republicans have taken this country ... in particular, every administration since Reagan.

Those same powers are clearly used differently by the different administrations and historically speaking, we saw a big difference in the way some domestic issues were handled. Those handled by Janet Reno became "tragedies" while those handled under Bush were uneventful .... such as with the standoff between Ed & Elaine Brown in New Hampshire over taxes a few years ago.

--------

My personal opinion regarding the "Tea Parties" is that it became a vehicle to push for the FAIR Tax which is a scam and a trojan horse for Big Brother purchase tracking. Everyone should be calling for a FLAT tax. That's true tax reform without creating a national sales tax on consumption. I don't like the idea of Walmart effectively becoming my local IRS agent. What you buy and what you've spent needs to tracked as tax credits and exemptions will never go away. That means swiping your REAL ID (your driver's license) each time you make a purchase and all that information being data mined and directly attached to you. Someday, what you pay for government subsidized, health care coverage may very well be affected by the donuts and meat lover's pizza you bought a few too many times. Checking "No" in the box to answer the question regarding whether or not you've ever used tobacco products may be a commission of purgery because you bought a tin of snuff or a cigar in the past.

Amazing how this smoke and mirror show of media promoted propaganda works to set the stage for future changes that will work with already implemented (and forgotten) legislation.

Two years ago during that blogging spell, I was telling folks to buy things they know they will need in two years like clothes and shoes and stuff. I was laughed at then. Folks will undoubtedly scoff at my FAIR Tax summation as well.

Last edited by WVEngraver; 04-17-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added
Old 04-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Platinum

Pleeze, don't do the Janet Reno bit Chris, or I could definitely be wearing clothing of a different stripe....or is it orange these days????
A disaster equal to the Veteran's March in DC in the 30's.
All sad days in American history..........
Old 04-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Platinum

Sorry Gail ... yep, I could have gone much further back in history.

MacArthur sure did his "duty" when he ordered the bayonet charge.

Sad days indeed.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Gold

Send a message via AIM to spike Send a message via Skype™ to spike

Well I wont be one of them to scoff at you I agree completly with the flat tax rate no loopholes either.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Platinum

Yup, fairtax.org has some great FAQ's and info.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Platinum

About 30 years ago an economist did a study on a flat tax and found that if everyone, including corporations and businesses, paid a flat tax rate of 17% the deficit (at that time) would disappear in three years and the government would have a surplus. A flat tax rate is not only fair, it works.