Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Platinum

Default The Jewel Has Arrived!!

I just received a box from FedEx with my long awaited Foot Pedal Classic.
:whoo:
Long Awaited in the sense that I have been saving extra money, doing research on the tools available (used and new), and wanted for the most advanced engraving tool the last few months.

I had many opportunities to buy competitors (used) tools on Ebay for 1/3 of the price of the classic.

I resisted the urge to impulse buy one based on price alone due to all the great information on this forum. So I thank you all for helping me keep my eye on the prize. I am not sorry one little bit.

I would also like to thank Mr. Steve Linsay for making one of the most beautiful miniature tools I have ever seen anywhere. I am a practicing physician and even some of the most advanced surgical tools I have seen cannot compare in my opinion to the Classic.

I also have to thank Steve for answering all my questions both emailed and by phone on the classic, sharpening, and regulator systems prior to buying. Great Service you just do not see or get anymore.

He always was helpful, courteous and most of all patient with me as a beginner.

I am just so impressed with this tool words cannot express how perfect it feels in the hand, how well it is made and I am sure how well it will cut.

Now I just have to learn how to use it!!!!.

It is just a huge step from my magnagraver setup I just cannot believe it.

I had to tell someone so here is my input on the Lindsay Classic engraving system and Steve Linsay's Outstanding contrabution to the Engraving Art's.

Anyone thinking of a buying a engraving tool be patient and save.

The Linsay System is well worth the wait and cost for sure. :yesnod:

AirAmp
Old 08-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Platinum

Default Re: The Jewel Has Arrived!!

Wait till you have really had the chance to work with it awhile, it just get's better.
Tim C
Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Platinum

I actually feel a little sorry for people engraving with a Lindsay who have never worked with hand tools, Magnagraver or a Gravermeister (I've gone through all three) because they will never know just how good they've got it. It's a little like a kid who gets a V12 Ferrari for his 16th birthday and has never driven a "beater." To carry the anology a little farther, hand tools are like walking everywhere, Magnagraver like traveling on a bicycle and the Gravermeister is like a Model T Ford. All three ways will get you there and all have some things to like but the Lindsay tools are the Ferraris of engraving tools.

C. Roger Bleile
Old 08-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Platinum

Hi Roger,

Well at almost 60 I have walked, bicycled, model T'ed it for many years in many ways. I now have a full shop of tools hand and powered for metal working, jewelery faberacation, aircraft fabercation and have the experience at this point to use them as well or better than most.

I have learned over the years that if you get the best tools you can afford the trip is much more enjoyable with less bumps to the backside.

airamp