Thread: New studio
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Platinum

Default Four days with the public

“I think you need to get out of the house and do something different Joseph .You spent too much time at your computer writing, and when you are not doing that, you are painting.
There is an event in Sarzana over the Easter holidays .Why don’t you rent a table and display your art., maybe you will sell something.”
Selling something sounded like a fine idea as my studio walls have no more space to hang stuff. My wife is my life preserver, and, I think much smarter than me.
I agreed to spend four days in front of the public exhibiting, but only after we went to town and explored the situation. I was very pleased to see that my table would be under a plastic gazebo and it was to be located in front of the entrance to Fortress Firma Fede built in 1262 AD.
Later it was destroyed and rebuilt in fourteen eighty seven by Lorenzo De Medici. I could only think, how cool that was, so i agreed and paid the table rent of two hundred ten Euros. At the closing of the exhibition, my total sales were nine copies of “The Hermit and the Boy” book at seven Euros a copy. However I got nice a tan did an abstract thing that I found to be fun, met nice people, and, improved my Italian a bit. Also i got to finish the first draft of another short (3500) word story titled Princess Josephine.
I think I was the only artist with a table there, had lots of lookers wanting garage sale prices, and some nice comments.
My wife is looking into another exhibit called the “Genius of your Own Hands,” To be held along the beach in Lerici. Maybe I will attend? Here are a few pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Art show Sarzana 001.jpg (63.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Art show Sarzana 002.jpg (50.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Art show Sarzana 004.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg The excited buyers.jpg (54.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg The rush to buy my art.jpg (55.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dog chasing postman 001.jpg (78.9 KB, 0 views)